5 Takeaways from TSC Membership call with Liza Graves of StyleBlueprint
Capturing email addresses is the golden ticket to creating long-lasting relationships with our customers. Julie from Julie McAllister Cakes shares her top 5 takeaways from this week’s TSC Membership call with Liza Graves from Styleblueprint.
1. Best Ways to Grow Your Email List:
- giveaways where the entry requirement is joining your email list
- offer a PDF download for signing up
- run a FB/IG ad to prompt signups
- your content marketing (blog posts, etc.)
- asking customers directly (whether digitally with a pop-up on your website, or in-person in your brick and mortar store)
2. The Ultimate Marketing Formula:
Paid Social + Email Addresses = Marketing Nirvana
- Using your email list to create FB/IG advertising audiences that are extremely targeted, by either targeting your list directly, or creating a lookalike audience from your email list.
3. Engagement in Marketing Emails vs. Social:
Email engagement is much more intimate than social engagement. If a user opens an email, they’ve taken the time to do so, as opposed to social media where they’re served photos/videos without seeking them out directly. Statistically, social media engagement has gone down significantly compared to 2021, whereas email engagement has gone up. Your ROI on email is 42:1, and emails generally have an average 21% open rate and 6% click rate. And don’t forget, you own your email list, but you don’t own your social followers.
4. Don’t Stress About Unsubscribes:
Anyone who unsubscribes isn’t going to engage with you, so it helps your list’s engagement statistics when people remove themselves.