I adore spending time with fellow Southerners, sharing our passion for the South, the culture, the cuisine, and, of course, the folks who make it so darn charming. Gabbing over biscuits and sweet tea on a front porch is one my favorite places to be in the entire world.The Southern C is a virtual front porch in which I’m a proud contributor for, and I am inviting a special reader to The Southern C Summit taking place in my hometown of Nashville, TN on October 17th. I’ve also included personal snapshots in this post of my favorite spots in the Nashville area!
All you have to do is leave a comment on my site For the Love of the South, telling me your favorite aspect of Southern culture! I’ll announce the lucky winner on my site on Tuesday, September 24th and contact them via email to get their contact information. I’m giddy as a schoolgirl about this event, and I hope to see you there!
Here is a link for the schedule of the event. Below is more information about the event from the creators of The Southern C!
1. It’s Nashville! Need we say more?
2. Our venue is beyond cool! Ruby Nashville is located on the edge of Hillsboro Village, surrounded by Fannie Mae Dees Park (aka Dragon Park) and across the street from the Vanderbilt. The space has been referred to as contemporary, industrial, historic and natural – almost anything other than institutional. It is housed in what used to be a Primitive Baptist Church (constructed 1945).
3. Our host hotel, The Loews Vanderbilt, is the only AAA Four-Diamond hotel in Tennessee for over 28 consecutive years and they just completed its $17 million renovation in July 2013! Swank!
4. Can we say VIP? Take a chartered shuttle (ie. party bus) to Fontanel and get your Goo Goo on as you sip some Whisper Creek Tennessee SippingCream. Third time Summit attendee and Goo Goo Cluster Marketing Director Beth Sachan is cooking up a fun plan with the Whisper Creek folks for a big time on the bus!
5. Can we say double VIP? Go on a private tour of the Southern Living Idea House and hear from the big man himself… Editor-In-Chief Lindsay Bierman!
6. The Southern Living Idea House will be decorated for Christmas… squeal!
7. Two words: Come hungry! From Callie’s Charleston Biscuits Breakfast to lunch from Nashville favorites (shrimp & grits from The Southern!) to delicious desserts provided by Husk Restaurant and Grey Ghost Bakery to freshly made pralines prepared by Epting Events and featuring Schermer Pecans, be ready to eat!
8. All together now… SWAG BAG! No more words necessary
9. Educational sessions focusing on social media and marketing strategies with award-winning internet consultant and nationally acclaimed speaker Ryan Dorhn of Brain Swell Media, Southern Living Homes Editor Jennifer Kopf, culinary author & food stylist Libbie Summers and lifestyle blogger Cassie Kelley of Womanista–Inspiring panel discussions with Leapfrog PR, Green Olive Media and Recipe for Press author Amy Flurry with Nan Myers, event designer & owner of Firefly boutique
10. We have some surprises in store for you!