Sauteed Fresh Green Beans
With all of the delicious fresh produce available to us right now at literally every corner, you should definitely give this super easy, yet super tasty recipe for fresh green beans a try. For more fresh recipes for Summer visit High Heels to Hot Wheels.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- Rinse green beans and trim ends. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and let cook 3 minutes. Remove beans immediately from boiling water and immerse in a bowl of ice cold water. Drain green beans after about 5-6 minutes and set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add green beans, chopped onion and minced garlic and toss to coat. Add olive oil and soy sauce and toss to coat. Let saute about 5-6 minutes and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.