Peanut Butter Slaw, trust me!!
I love slaw as long as it isn’t drowning in a sea of mayonnaise. This version with a peanut butter base is spicy, crunchy and sweet. Pick up a bag of pre-shredded cabbage to save you some time and add any veggies you like (sugar snap peas or broccoli would be delish.) Toss in some grilled chicken to make it a meal.
More recipes and fun at sallycooks.com!
What to buy:
- 5-6 cups napa cabbage and red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, add more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Peanut Butter Slaw: (serves 4-5)
What to do:
- whisk together dressing ingredients until combined and pour over slaw
- allow salad to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving so the flavors can combine
- optional: sprinkle with chopped peanuts, sesame seeds and chopped avocados before serving
I like the Asian flair! I enjoy a lighter slaw as well!