Get Neatsmart: 5 Things You Can Do in 5 Minutes to Get Organized
Happy first Monday of April! Is it just me or is the year going by super fast? Here is the latest edition of 5 Things You Can Do in 5 Minutes to Get Organized:
- Set a timer for 5 minutes for social media. It’s all too easy to check Twitter/ Pinterest/ Instagram for “just a minute” which magically morphs into half an hour of looking at funny dog videos. Set a timer so time doesn’t get away from you and your day is any more disorganized.
- Break a large task into 5 smaller tasks. Just mapping out the smaller tasks may take 5 minutes but you’ll be that much closer to getting it finished and the smaller tasks won’t seem so daunting.
- Prepare a little extra at dinner time. That way you’ll have lunch made for tomorrow and save yourself way more than 5 minutes preparing another meal.
- Clear out your top desk drawer. Get smaller boxes for storing paper clips, stamps, rubber bands, etc. Have a specific place for your stapler, stationery, tape or whatever you have in there. This drawer should be easy to navigate because you use it frequently.
- Clean out your pen container. How many times have you reached for a pen to write something down and it doesn’t work? Yet why do you put it back in the container? Toss in the trash any that aren’t working and sharpen any dull pencils while you’re at it. You should be able to write something when the inspiration strikes.
Are you enjoying these tips? Which one is your favorite? Here are some others you might like to read, too.