five ways to get show ready
RETAILERS AND WHOLESALERS REJOICE, IT’S SHOW SEASON
This the time of year when the major buyers markets take place in Dallas, Atlanta, New York, and Las Vegas. If you’re a retailer or a designer, you’re coming to shop for your business and clients. If you’re a wholesaler, you’re selling your products directly to the consumer, opening new accounts, and sharing with the marketplace what’s NEW from YOU.
This means opportunities …
- To find the perfect line or fabulous new customer.
- To reconnect and talk business.
- To grow together and reach new heights.
FIVE WAYS TO GET SHOW READY
You can incorporate one or all of these into your pre-show plan to help transform your experience into the one you really want:
- Make dinner reservations in advance. Popular local restaurants fill up fast. It’s nice to have reservations in place after a busy day – you can always readjust if you need to.
- Connect with potential influencers on social media before the show. Who’s on your radar? Who would you like to connect with? The days leading up to the show are a perfect time to say hello and introduce yourself!
- Reach out and make some plans. A yoga class, coffee, dinner, or a cocktail… take no. 3 a step farther and extend an invitation. How great is it that hundreds of the industry’s creatives are going to be together in one place?
- Know your hashtags. Nothing’s worse than having the perfect post ready to go in real-time and having to search for the appropriate hashtag. For example: #dallasmarket #atlmkt #nynow #lvmkt – I like to save them in a note on my phone for easy access.
- Set a goal for how you want to feel after the show is over. Accomplished? Connected? Empowered? Organized? Once you know how you want to feel, it can help you get the ball rolling. You can ask yourself, “What do I need to do in between now and the end of the show to get there?” Write it down and give yourself actionables that you can stick to each day.
These are my tips – I hope they help you create the best experience for you! If you will be attending the upcoming Atlanta gift show, please say hello on Instagram, Twitter, or in person – I’ll be in Building 1.
I’ll see you on the front porch! xo,