EASY HALLOWEEN COSTUME
My son LOVES Halloween (i.e. the candy)…but he doesn’t like bulky, annoying costumes. And so, we came up with a “Glow Stick Man” Costume, and he loved it! It garnered extra candy when he went Trick-or-Treating- and so he wants to do the same costume again this year. I guess we better find a different street!
Like most kids, he loves glow sticks and duct tape, and so he was game when I told him all he would need was black shirt and pants, glow sticks, and tape. It really couldn’t be easier! You could also use a Morph Suit.
WHAT YOU NEED~
BLACK LONG-SLEEVED SHIRT
BLACK ATHLETIC PANTS
SUN VISOR TO ATTACH THE CIRCLE FOR THE HEAD
16-20 GLOW STICKS FOR EACH SIDE (32-40 TO DO FRONT AND BACK)- depends on the size of your child
CLEAR PACKING TAPE
1. Have your child put on his black clothing or Morph Suit.
2. Tape the first glow stick horizontally across his/her body between the shoulders.
3. Continue to attach glow sticks down the arms.
4. Attach glow sticks in a straight line vertically down the center of his/her body starting at the first stick.
5. Continue vertically down the legs.
6. For the head, use a sun visor and turn it around backward. Use 4 glow sticks connected to make a circle. Tape the circle to the back of the visor so that the circle hangs down. The child will wear the visor backwards on his/her head.
It turned out to be so cute and easy! I would love to know if you try it!! Happy Halloween!!