Don’t Take Yourself Too Seriously
Last week, Mandy Edwards shared that Pinterest has 100 million users, Instagram now has over 300 million and Facebook boasts over 1 billion active users. How can you set yourself apart from everyone else? My advice — don’t take yourself too seriously. Let the YOU shine through via your social media channels.
I would bet that you read this post because you saw the picture of me wearing a pumpkin on my head. It piqued your interest while giving you a glimpse of my personality. Whether you think that I’m crazy, fun or plain silly — it probably related to you in some way — which was my goal.
Keep these tips in mind when publishing your next post:
- Be original.
- Lately, I’ve seen a surge in my likes on IG. I would bet that it’s because I’ve been trying really hard to create content that showcases my personality. I want my viewers to know who I am.
- Share quotes that relate to your personality.
- Quotes always do well on social media. Why? Because so many of your viewers can relate. If you’re having a tough day because you have 500,000 things to do — share an inspirational quote because likely a good number of followers feel the exact same way.
- Take advantage of the captions to share personal thoughts, make others laugh or ask for advice.
- This is a tough one for me because I’m not a very sarcastic, witty or funny writer. It definitely takes me more time to think about what I should say — but usually when my captions are personal or funny — I get more comments. In turn, I get to know my viewers a lot better too. Put in the extra time.
I’m looking forward to seeing your posts! Thanks for reading!