Dear Santa: A Social Media Professional’s Wish List
My daughters have started to make their Christmas wish lists. Actually, they started back during the summer. Christmas is a time of year that evoke feelings of generosity and community, especially in the social media world.
We have seen A LOT of changes, both good and bad, this past year and there are more looming in the first part of 2016. With changes, we tend to feel like starting over. New strategies, new tools, new actions we must take.
This post isn’t about that. Back to the Christmas lists.
Last year, I surveyed my community about what they would ask Santa for for Christmas. Here is a social media pro’s wish list…
We’ve been really good this year. We made it through all the changes without going bezerk. We gave back and helped businesses move forward. We would like to think we all made the good list this year.
Here is what I would like to ask you for…
- For Facebook to stop tweaking organic reach.
- For Twitter to bring back the stars instead of hearts.
- For a social media professional board to certify social media professionals to weed out the fakers from the authentic.
- A personal assistant to help with day-to-day duties.
- For people (and businesses) to think before they post.
- For selfies to just go away.
In addition, my friends would like…
- To be able to tweet in my sleep. – Brian Fanzo
- A free (API approved) Instagram scheduling tool! I know, it’s a lot to ask. But if anyone can do it, Santa can, right? – Jenn Herman
- All of our social media analytics pre-packaged in an easy to understand presentation. Preferably tied together with a neat little bow. – ThomasNet RPM
- A few more fun clients to work with and one big speaking gig. – Dorien Morin-van Dam
- A drama-free Facebook. – Kim Dick
- 1000 new clients and a personal assistant who understands all things tech savvy so I don’t have to do the nuts and bolts “stuff”! – Donna Sumner Hovey
- I would like for it to be required that people read (and hopefully comprehend) the articles that are posted before commenting. – Amy Addison
- More Time! – Blue Flame Design
- Get a coffee break with Gary V! – Anna Zubarev
- A transporter! – Rhiannon MacDonnell
Lastly, I would like success for all of my fellow social media pro friends. We all have varying strengths and focuses and work really hard at what we do.
Please consider our requests and we’ll be looking out for you December 25!
Social Media Pros Everywhere
What would YOU add to your social media Christmas list?
LOVE this! Agree with Jenn – an instgram scheduler is at the top of my list.