Cyber Connects – Links I Love
beautyeveryday.com by Athenian creatives Kristen Bach, Rebecca Wood and Rinne Allen (presenting at The Southern C Summit in Athens August 1)
1. and 2. Instagram and Pinterest are my most guilty social media pleasures because I am on them for fun more than work. I am such a visual person so my Pinterest and Instagram are my favorite bedtime reading on the ipad. I do contribute to Pinterest and Instagram for TSC too.
3. Meg Biram’s blog, she was graduated from the prestigious School of Journalism at the University of Missouri and her writing, artistic bent, edgy chic style and digital media expertise make her one of my favorite lifestyle bloggers.
4. I love Haskell Harris’ pulse on the South that she shares on her blog, Magpie. Who wouldn’t aspire to her hip style in fashion and home design? I follow her spotlight on Southern female entrepreneurs in Southern Living but like having her blog for a quick fix in between issues. She moderated a session at #tscsummit on Jekyll Island in May.
5. I drink my morning coffee every day and read The English Room/Holly Phillips’ blog that I get sent to my inbox. I adore everything this colorful and fun interior designer from Charlotte features. I like keeping up with her incredible travels. It is a great blog she updates daily. YES- commitment. Full disclosure: She is on our C-Team of contributors and a neat friend!
6. Square Books in Oxford is an awesome blog to discover the best in Southern lit past and present. They are my go to for selecting my next summer read.
7. I love to keep up with Fetch Magazine by Taigan led by my favorite southerner, Julie Reed, who is the Creative Director. Having lunch with her is on my “Bucket List.” I adore her recent book, But Mama Always Put Vodka in Her Sangria.
8. For the glitz and glamour of fashion, food, fitness and anything on trend in your life, visit Glitter Guide.
9. I think beautyeveryday.com captures Southern beauty, creativity and food in such a bohemian chic way. It is co-curated by Kristen Bach owner of TREEHOUSE Kid and Craft, potter Rebecca Wood of R. Wood Studio and photographer Rinne Allen. Their garden to tablescapes are inspiring and I look forward to their book coming out in time for them presenting a Photography Styling session at #tscsummit in Athens on August 1st.
10. I love Austin, Texas event designer and lifestyle blogger Camille Styles. Her team shares the most gorgeous entertaining style. Go check out ideas for food and flowers for parties mixed in with plenty of inspiration for home, beauty essentials and fashion.
XOXO – CHERI HARDEN LEAVY