Coterie Crush on Beth Woodson and Kristy Woodson Harvey from North Carolina
We have a Coterie Crush on a mother-daughter pair, Beth Woodson and Kristy Woodson Harvey, from North Carolina. Mom focuses on Kristy’s success as all moms would do and it is thrilling for them both. Kristy is designing beautiful spaces and blogging with her mom and on her own writing women’s fiction (her novel is forthcoming from Berkley Penguin Random House in Spring 2015). It’s inspiring. Learn more about their favorite things …
We love Quadrille fabrics! They are gorgeous go-tos. Betwixt from Schumacher is also a fun favorite.
Juliska Petit Singe for every day. It’s neutral, so durable, and the little monkeys add a touch of whimsy! My fine china is Anna Weatherley Ivy Garland. It’s hand painted and so lovely.
Benjamin Moore White Dove. It’s the perfect neutral!
Design Chic! (Can we say that??) We started this as a total hobby and are so grateful for the relationships and contacts we’ve made and for our amazing readers that visit us day in and day out! Blogging has become such a passion. Quintessence is another favorite, but we could go on and on about design blogs we love all day!
Michael Aram Black Orchid. It looks as beautiful as it smells. It’s the perfect go-to hostess or thank-you gift.
Oh, there are so many favorites… Circa in Charlotte is always stunning, as is The English Room. And Boone’s in Wilson, NC has one of the largest inventories in the country — and some truly special pieces — so it’s always fun to peruse! Acquisitions in Raleigh, NC is a favorite too.
Andrew Howard, Mary McDonald, Phoebe Howard, Lynn Morgan… We could go on all day! There are so many great talents, both well known and lesser known, that inspire us every single day.
Yang Yang Pan is almost too good! Teil Duncan in Charleston, SC is another fabulous talent.
Books! My debut novel,Dear Carolina, is coming out from Berkley/Penguin on 5.5.15, so books, for me, are sort of like oxygen. Novels, design books, first editions, now children’s books with my son… They are everywhere, and I’m madly in love with every last one!
Pearls! A Southern girl just has to have a strand, doesn’t she? Well, and monogrammed julep cups. Because there’s no antidote to a sweltering summer day quite as wonderful as a mint julep!
Your style in five words:
Surrounded by things we love.
Links to spotlights on other interior designers and tastemakers –
- Cullen O’Steen of Cullen & Co Interior Design
- Holly Phillips of The English Room
- Anna Kristin Yarbrough and Cameron Weaver of Interior Canvas
- Lisa Mende of Lisa Mende Design
- Courtney Barnes of Stylecourt
- Joann Kandrac and Kelly Kole of Kandrac and Kole Interiors
- Roger Higgins of R. Higgins Interiors
- Haskell Harris of Haskell Harris Creative
- Tami Ramsay of Tami Ramsay Design
- Mary Bryan Peyer of Mary Bryan Peyer Designs
- Susan Hable of Hable Construction
- Shani Gilchrist of Camille Maurice
- Lauren Leonard of Lauren Leonard Designs
- Sidney Wagner of Eclectic Interior Design Group
- Angie Hranoswsky of Angie Hranowsky Design Studio
- Liz Williams of Liz Williams Designs
- Jill and Steve McKenzie of Steve McKenzie’s
- Chandos Dodson of Chandos Interiors
- Ty Larkins of Ty Larkins Interiors
- Elaine Griffin of Elaine Griffin Interior Design
- Bunny Williams of Bunny Williams Home
- Vicky Serany of Southern Studio Interior Design
- Sandra Ericksen of Sandra Ericksen Design,LLC
- Lori May of Lori May Interiors
- Tobi Fairley of Tobi Fairley Interior Design
- Leigh-Ann Sprock and Leigh Goodwyn of LeuxDeux Dorm
- Jonathan Savage of Savage Interior Design
- Cathy Austin of Catherine M. Austin Interior Design
- Camille Styles of Camille Styles
- Courtney Giles of Courtney Giles Interiors
- Jade O’Connor of Jade O’Connor Design Inc
- Melanie Turner of Melanie Turner Interiors
- Paula Mcintosh of PJM Interiors
- Dominique Delaney of Comfy Cozy Couture
- Emilie Hatch of Shells & Chinoiserie
- Anna Schwab of Adger Interiors
- Lindsey Lane of Lindsey Lane Designs
- Sarah Hamlin Hastings of Sarah Hamlin Hastings Interiors
Well, I just had to look up your book ‘Dear Carolina’ and it sound like it will be very good and I’ve added it to my list to purchase when it is released in May. I also adore the work of Teil Duncan, she has an incredible aesthetic. ~M
Yay! Thanks so much, Cheri, for including us in this wonderful post! We have a crush on the Southern C too 🙂 xo ~Kristy
How thrilling to be on one of our favorite blogs! Thanks a million for putting us on your gorgeous site, Cheri. It made our day! Beth
Design Chic is a must read blog site. It not only provides beautiful design inspiration, it introduces many of us to the newest design trends and the designers that are cutting edge.
I am looking forward to Kristy’s book in early May.