Coterie Crush: Interior Designer Paula McIntosh from Charleston, SC
We have a Coterie Crush on Paula Jean Mcintosh of PJM Interiors. PJM Interiors is newly founded in Charleston, South Carolina where Paula recently settled with her husband Tim and dog Otto. This company may be newfound but Paula’s training and experience in design is not. Paula earned a BA in Interior Design at the Interior Designers Institute in California and worked at Susan Marinello Interiors and Callison in Seattle.
Paula’s self-described design aesthetic is “classic with a twist” much like her new city of Charleston where we look forward to meeting her in person next week at The Southern C Summit. We are pleased to introduce you to her here where she shares a few of her favorite things.
I am an all white dish kind of girl…mostly because I can’t commit to one pattern for the rest of my life (or even the next five years). With an all white set I can mix in other pieces and change things up to suit the season and my mood.
Benjamin Moore’s ‘Rockport Gray’ is the perfect grey. I’m also smitten with the many, many pink houses in downtown Charleston and have dreams of a perfectly restored Charleston Single painted in Benjamin Moore’s ‘Pink Canopy’ with white trim and black shutters.
Anything with the scent of Jasmine. It will always remind me of breezy summer nights on the coast of Southern California.
So, so many great places to shop for antiques (collectable or just old and charming) in Charleston. I really don’t have a favorite.
Glassybaby. A collection I started while living in Seattle, the glass votives are each a little different since they’re all handmade and they’re the perfect, understated addition to any space. I hope other people like them as much as I do, because I give them as gifts frequently too! When you find something you love, you should share it, right?
A good shrimp and grits recipe.
YOUR STYLE IN FIVE WORDS OR LESS:
Classic…with a twist
Links to spotlights on other interior designers and tastemakers –
- Cullen O’Steen of Cullen & Co Interior Design
- Holly Phillips of The English Room
- Anna Kristin Yarbrough and Cameron Weaver of Interior Canvas
- Lisa Mende of Lisa Mende Design
- Courtney Barnes of Stylecourt
- Joann Kandrac and Kelly Kole of Kandrac and Kole Interiors
- Roger Higgins of R. Higgins Interiors
- Haskell Harris of Haskell Harris Creative
- Tami Ramsay of Tami Ramsay Design
- Mary Bryan Peyer of Mary Bryan Peyer Designs
- Susan Hable of Hable Construction
- Shani Gilchrist of Camille Maurice
- Lauren Leonard of Lauren Leonard Designs
- Sidney Wagner of Eclectic Interior Design Group
- Angie Hranoswsky of Angie Hranowsky Design Studio
- Liz Williams of Liz Williams Designs
- Jill and Steve McKenzie of Steve McKenzie’s
- Chandos Dodson of Chandos Interiors
- Ty Larkins of Ty Larkins Interiors
- Elaine Griffin of Elaine Griffin Interior Design
- Bunny Williams of Bunny Williams Home
- Vicky Serany of Southern Studio Interior Design
- Sandra Ericksen of Sandra Ericksen Design,LLC
- Lori May of Lori May Interiors
- Tobi Fairley of Tobi Fairley Interior Design
- Leigh-Ann Sprock and Leigh Goodwyn of LeuxDeux Dorm
- Jonathan Savage of Savage Interior Design
- Cathy Austin of Catherine M. Austin Interior Design
- Camille Styles of Camille Styles
- Courtney Giles of Courtney Giles Interiors
- Jade O’Connor of Jade O’Connor Design Inc
- Melanie Turner of Melanie Turner Interiors
Co-Founder of The Southern Coterie