Coterie Crush: Chenault James of Columbus, GA
We have a Coterie Crush on Chenault James. She had us at hello when we met her and the entire charming group of Van Winkle triplets from Kentucky. They attended the Summit in Athens and have been so fun to keep up with since then when they launched Pappy & Company for fellow bourbon lovers. In addition to that online endeavor with her sisters, Chenault shares her interior design talents in Columbus, Georgia. “When form, functionality and aesthetics meet, this is the perfect balance for your home,” states Chenault. She advises to fill your home with things you love. We had Chenault share some things she loves here.
I am working on a cottage on lake Michigan right now and i am overly excited about using Peter Dunham Textiles. His Fig Leaf on white linen is exactly what the kitchen banquette needed.
Coalport Chinese Willow. A combination of the most delicious colors and anything chinoiserie gets me.
My go to white is Sherwin Williams Creamy and when I need some depth or contrast my go to dark color is Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze.
I’m hesitant to admit but I don’t follow one single blog! I desperately want to but I can’t seem to find the time. Of course I’ve checked out blog posts here and there but when I do find the time to be a dedicated follower I will probably start with Holly Phillips of The English Room. Everything I see her post on Instagram stops me in my tracks.
Oldie but goodie Votivo Red Currant. Hands down.
When I go home to Louisville I always make sure to visit Andrew Gentile Antiques.
Ruthie Sommers popped in my mind first so I’ll leave it at that. I of course have oodles of designers I admire.
My 88 year old friend and neighbor Marge Tilley. She is still painting and teaching class every week and isn’t scared to take on a commission that will take up her entire home studio. My favorites are her huge encaustics. Luckily she’s moved from using a flame torch to a heat gun!
Just recently my husband has been plumping up my collection of silver julep cups with gifts of vintage ones that have various engravings that all relate to Kentucky. You won’t mistakenly pick up someones else’s cocktail when your cup says “Bourbon Beef Show 1961”!!
Good food and tradition.
Your style in five words:
individuality, classic, timeless, fresh, modern.
1329 Wynnton Road • Columbus, GA 31906 • (706) 323-0309
Links to spotlights on other interior designers and tastemakers –
- Cullen O’Steen of Cullen & Co Interior Design
- Holly Phillips of The English Room
- Anna Kristin Yarbrough and Cameron Weaver of Interior Canvas
- Lisa Mende of Lisa Mende Design
- Courtney Barnes of Stylecourt
- Joann Kandrac and Kelly Kole of Kandrac and Kole Interiors
- Roger Higgins of R. Higgins Interiors
- Haskell Harris of Haskell Harris Creative
- Tami Ramsay of Tami Ramsay Design
- Mary Bryan Peyer of Mary Bryan Peyer Designs
- Susan Hable of Hable Construction
- Shani Gilchrist of Camille Maurice
- Lauren Leonard of Lauren Leonard Designs
- Sidney Wagner of Eclectic Interior Design Group
- Angie Hranoswsky of Angie Hranowsky Design Studio
- Liz Williams of Liz Williams Designs
- Jill and Steve McKenzie of Steve McKenzie’s
- Chandos Dodson of Chandos Interiors
- Ty Larkins of Ty Larkins Interiors
- Elaine Griffin of Elaine Griffin Interior Design
- Bunny Williams of Bunny Williams Home
- Vicky Serany of Southern Studio Interior Design
- Sandra Ericksen of Sandra Ericksen Design,LLC
- Lori May of Lori May Interiors
- Tobi Fairley of Tobi Fairley Interior Design
- Leigh-Ann Sprock and Leigh Goodwyn of LeuxDeux Dorm
- Jonathan Savage of Savage Interior Design
- Cathy Austin of Catherine M. Austin Interior Design
- Camille Styles of Camille Styles
- Courtney Giles of Courtney Giles Interiors
- Jade O’Connor of Jade O’Connor Design Inc
- Melanie Turner of Melanie Turner Interiors
- Paula Mcintosh of PJM Interiors
- Dominique Delaney of Comfy Cozy Couture
- Emilie Hatch of Shells & Chinoiserie
- Anna Schwab of Adger Interiors
- Lindsey Lane of Lindsey Lane Designs
- Sarah Hamlin Hastings of Sarah Hamlin Hastings Interior
- Beth Woodson and Kristy Woodson Harvey of Design Chic
- Pamela Scurry
Leave a Comment