COTERIE CRUSH: Anna Brockway – Co-founder and President of Chairish
Former VP of Worldwide Marketing at Levi Strauss & Co., a seasoned advertising account exec, a sometime Today Show guest and co-founder and President of Chairish, Anna Brockway is a tastemaker and marketing maven capturing our hearts in The Southern Coterie.
With a discerning eye and a lively joie de vivre, this Columbia University art history major did serious time in the fashion advertising and publicity trenches. Then she got hitched, had three kids, and learned the cost, style, and green advantages to buying vintage. Anna conceived of Chairish as a way to make buying and selling fabulous, gently-used decor easier for everyone.
We have a Coterie Crush on this design darling and look forward to her presentation at this spring’s Summit.
From Dining Room to Boardroom with founders of Chairish and Taylor Burke Home:
In the time your business grows from an individual with a great idea to a fully functioning company, you will face many challenges. How to properly scale a business is a question on the mind of every entrepreneur. Key decisions often include when and whom to hire, requirements and options for external funding and how to scale while keeping an eye on cost.
Enjoy a candid conversation with Anna Brockway of Chairish and Julianne Taylor of Taylor Burke Home about their journey from the dining room table to running successful, solidified brands. Moderated by Rachel Mountis, Head of Business Development for TBH, the discussion will provide attendees with key takeaways and action items for entrepreneurs ready to take the next step in growing their own businesses.
Here Anna shares a few of her favorite things …
In town/SF: My great granny’s Haviland China in Audubon pattern from the 1920s was a wedding gift from my family. It has fabulous octagonal covered serving pieces. I modernize the place settings by pairing them with celadon or peony chargers.
For our Tahoe house: Heath and Canvas
Champagne saucers in jewel colors
Napkins and napkin rings (getting to be a bit of a problem)
I think I may be San Francisco’s first subscriber to Garden & Gun!
Cotton Pique bathrobe with persimmon piping and monogram by Leontine Linens (since discontinued please revive!).
David and Lance from Parker Kennedy Living in Atlanta
Your style in five words:
The globetrotting co-founder shares the trends she’s digging right now … Anna’s edit on Chairish
Links to spotlights on other interior designers and tastemakers –
- Cullen O’Steen of Cullen & Co Interior Design
- Holly Phillips of The English Room
- Anna Kristin Yarbrough and Cameron Weaver of Interior Canvas
- Lisa Mende of Lisa Mende Design
- Courtney Barnes of Stylecourt
- Joann Kandrac and Kelly Kole of Kandrac and Kole Interiors
- Roger Higgins of R. Higgins Interiors
- Haskell Harris of Haskell Harris Creative
- Tami Ramsay of Tami Ramsay Design
- Mary Bryan Peyer of Mary Bryan Peyer Designs
- Susan Hable of Hable Construction
- Shani Gilchrist of Camille Maurice
- Lauren Leonard of Lauren Leonard Designs
- Sidney Wagner of Eclectic Interior Design Group
- Angie Hranoswsky of Angie Hranowsky Design Studio
- Liz Williams of Liz Williams Designs
- Jill and Steve McKenzie of Steve McKenzie’s
- Chandos Dodson of Chandos Interiors
- Ty Larkins of Ty Larkins Interiors
- Elaine Griffin of Elaine Griffin Interior Design
- Bunny Williams of Bunny Williams Home
- Vicky Serany of Southern Studio Interior Design
- Sandra Ericksen of Sandra Ericksen Design,LLC
- Lori May of Lori May Interiors
- Tobi Fairley of Tobi Fairley Interior Design
- Leigh-Ann Sprock and Leigh Goodwyn of LeuxDeux Dorm
- Jonathan Savage of Savage Interior Design
- Cathy Austin of Catherine M. Austin Interior Design
- Camille Styles of Camille Styles
- Courtney Giles of Courtney Giles Interiors
- Jade O’Connor of Jade O’Connor Design Inc
- Melanie Turner of Melanie Turner Interiors
- Paula Mcintosh of PJM Interiors
- Dominique Delaney of Comfy Cozy Couture
- Emilie Hatch of Shells & Chinoiserie
- Anna Schwab of Adger Interiors
- Lindsey Lane of Lindsey Lane Designs
- Sarah Hamlin Hastings of Sarah Hamlin Hastings Interior
- Beth Woodson and Kristy Woodson Harvey of Design Chic
- Pamela Scurry
- Chenault James of Chenault James Interiors
- Lisa Hilderbrand of Welhil Interiors
- Tori Mellott of Traditional Home
FOR RECENT POSTS BY CHERI LEAVY – click here