Spring is just around the corner … and there is nothing better than coastal Georgia in the spring. One of our favorite weekend getaways is Tybee, the kitschy charming island off of the Savannah coast, where blood orange sangrias go hand-in-hand with blood orange sunsets and cycling is the transportation of choice.
We were lucky to enjoy Tybee’s charms this past fall with a group of girlfriends (Holly of The English Room, Monica of Lavin Label and Kat of Waiting on Martha and photographer Kelli Boyd) in partnership with Visit Savannah and Visit Tybee, so wanted to share 10 tips to creating the best time there.
ALL PHOTOS BY Kelli Boyd
- Don’t miss sunset at AJ’s Dockside Restaurant as it is mother nature’s special show over the rivers and marsh!
2. The Breakfast Club is a must visit and probably “world famous” because of the cream cheese in their hashbrowns – WHAAAT?!?
3. Bike riding all over Tybee is great way to see everything and work off the hashbrowns and pecan waffles from The Breakfast Club.
4. Visit the uber beach chic Tybee Island Social Club for a pitcher of blood orange sangria.
5. DO NOT MISS dinner at Tybee Island Fish Camp – it was our favorite dinner of the whole trip! Killer seafood and a great boutique wine list.
6. Shop the little beach shacks for touristy treasures.
7. Another great spot for sunset cocktails on the water is Coco’s Sunset Grill.
8. Ice cream at the Tybee Sugar Shack is the quintessential seaside sweet treat!
9. Beach time near the Tybee lighthouse is the best for sunning and socializing (and photographing).
10. Be sure to grab the Tybee guidebooks for any spots I missed.
CHECK OUT POSTS FROM OUR GIRLFRIENDS GETAWAY:
Whitney Long – A Visit to the Hostess City
The English Room – Tybee Island and Savannah, Georgia Adventure
Waiting on Martha – A Girls’ Getaway to Savannah and Tybee
FOR RECENT POSTS BY CHERI LEAVY – click here